NEWS & Upcoming Events
All are invited to all events. Just show up! Even better, let us know that you're coming!
+++ No Open Table this Friday 10/18
+++ Nicene Creed Retreat #2 – Saturday, October 19
Please register if you are coming:
Here are the details on the second Nicene Creed retreat, including a registration link:
* Date: Saturday, October 19
* Time: 9:45 am – 2:30 pm
* Location: Christ the Reconciler, 2142 FM 1704, Elgin TX 78621
* Cost: $25/person, $35/couple, $10/teen …
… but 1st-time guests are always free, using codes provided on the registration form
* Food: CTR will provide yummy pasta casserole, please bring a side / salad / dessert / drink (and if you have food intolerances, you’ll need to take care of yourself)
* Childcare: $5/child
* Register: Use this link https://ahop.ccbchurch.com/form_response.php?id=45 to register and pay
Our teachers will be Wright Doyle, Amy Cogdell, and Hogan Herritage. This promises to be an important time of learning, discussion, and prayer. We will focus on the Second Person of the Trinity, the Son, using the incredibly rich 2nd clause of the Nicene Creed as our text:
We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ,
the only Son of God,
eternally begotten of the Father,
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made,
of one Being with the Father.
Through him all things were made.
For us and for our salvation
he came down from heaven:
by the power of the Holy Spirit
he became incarnate from the Virgin Mary,
and was made man.
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate;
he suffered death and was buried.
On the third day he rose again
in accordance with the Scriptures;
he ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead,
and his kingdom will have no end.
See you on the 19th!
+++ CTR Work Day – Nov 9
We try not to overburden our community with activities, because we don’t want to pull you away from your local church life too much. But we also benefit greatly when we gather together and express community life.
One of those expressions is to work together.
We are planning a CTR Work Day on November 9. Please consider joining us. We’ll have inside and outside tasks, and something for everyone who comes, regardless of ability.
We sense the Lord inviting us to “step up” in the stewardship of the wonderful property that He has entrusted us with. Working together on this property is an appropriate response.
More details to come regarding time, food, etc. … stay tuned!
+++ Upcoming CTR events - mark your calendar
* October 18 – No Open Table
* October 19 – CTR Retreat Nicene Creed #2
* October 25 – No Open Table
* November 1 – Open Table @ CTR
* November 8 – No Open Table
* November 9 – CTR Work Day
* November 15 – No Open Table
* November 16 – CTR Retreat on Nicene Creed #3
* June 17-21, 2020 – CTR Pilgrimage to the Bruderhof, New York
* June 22-26, 2020 – Antioch Network Gathering near Pittsburgh
Special request for perfume wearers: There are community members with sensitivities to synthetic perfumes, so please try to use only all-natural perfumes when you come to CTR. Thank you for your consideration!
Regular Weekly Prayer Times
The prayer room is open from 7:45 am to 6:15 pm each weekday. All are welcome to come and pray at any time while the prayer room is open. Access can be either through the main house (ring the bell) or directly through the door in back.
Our first goal in establishing continuous prayer at Christ the Reconciler is morning, noon & evening Bridge Prayer. Here are the times that we have Bridge Prayer scheduled, each day:
Morning : 7:50 am - 8:10 am
Noon : 11:50 am - 12:10 pm
Evening : 5:50 pm - 6:10 pm
We currently don't have enough volunteers to conduct Bridge Prayer at each of these times, every day. If you would like to volunteer to lead a Bridge Prayer session, contact us and let us know!
Every* Friday night we have Open Table. Which basically means, "come to dinner!"
* It's always a good idea to contact us if you don't receive the weekly newsletter. The reason is that sometimes Open Table is cancelled (for example if the Cogdells are out of town) ... and we would hate for you to show up and be disappointed!
All are welcome to come, but we ask that you RSVP so we know that you are coming. We will have a simple soup, you can come as you are or bring bread/salad/dessert to share.
5:30 pm - Arrival
5:50 pm - Bridge Prayer
6:15 pm - Dinner - and afterwards, discussion, prayer & worship, sunset walking, game playing, or however the Spirit leads us!
8:00 pm (or thereabouts) - Departure