NEWS & Upcoming Events
All are invited to all events. Just show up! Even better, let us know that you're coming!
+++ Open Table Cancelled for Friday 19 Oct
A bug has been going around our house this week, and we think it best to cancel Open Table this week, to protect the community. Thanks for understanding!
+++ Register for the John 17 Retreat
Please register if you are planning to come on October 27, here are the details:
* Date: Saturday, October 27 (note that this is the last Saturday, not the 3rd Saturday as is typical for us)
* Time: 9:45 am – 2:30 pm
* Location: Christ the Reconciler, 2142 FM 1704 Elgin TX 78621
* Cost: $25/person, $35/couple, $10/teen …
… but 1st-time guests are always free, using codes provided on the registration form
* Food: CTR will provide a lovely ham from Egret Isle as the main dish for lunch, please bring a side / dessert / drink for lunch.
* Childcare: $5/child
* Register: Use this link https://ahop.ccbchurch.com/form_response.php?id=45 to register and pay
The John 17 retreat this month is the culmination of our year-long study in the Upper Room discourse! If you consider yourself part of the CTR community, please make every effort to be with us. We will be meditating on John 17, asking the Holy Spirit for revelation into this passage which is at the very heart of our calling. The leadership team is asking the Holy Spirit to guide the schedule for this retreat … since there is much we could do, and we want to do the right activities.
I’m working today on the study guide, hopefully I’ll get it to you by the end of the week.
+++ Walter Heidenreich is coming in November
Many of you will remember Walter Heidenreich’s visit to CTR in 2016. It was an important time of visitation from the Holy Spirit, that is still unfolding in our midst. Since then, we’ve deepened our relationship with Merisha and HFAN, and also partnered with them in Wittenberg (where Walter spoke, and his ministry team was critical to the 24/7 prayer room during the gathering).
Well … Walter is returning! And he wants to come back to CTR … which is a real honor for us. So mark your calendars for:
* Friday, Nov 9 → Walter will be at CTR for Open Table, where he will speak & minister
* Saturday, Nov 10 → We are invited to join Walter for a Night of Vision at Merisha’s ministry center, HFAN, in Cedar Creek outside of Bastrop
+++ Recording of Amy’s Sermon
Here’s the oft-requested link to Amy’s sermon on Sunday 7 Oct at Hope Chapel. Watch the mp4 video first, then listen to the teaching, and if you like follow along with the slides that she used.
+++ Upcoming CTR events - mark your calendar
* October 19 – NO Open Table (cancelled due to illness)
* October 26 – No Open Table @ CTR
* October 27 – John 17 CTR Retreat
* November 2 – No Open Table @ CTR
* November 9 – Walter Heidenreich @ CTR
* November 10 – HFAN Night of Vision with Walter Heidenreich
* November 16 – Open Table @ CTR
Special request for perfume wearers: There are community members with sensitivities to synthetic perfumes, so please try to use only all-natural perfumes when you come to CTR. Thank you for your consideration!
Regular Weekly Prayer Times
The prayer room is open from 7:45 am to 6:15 pm each weekday. All are welcome to come and pray at any time while the prayer room is open. Access can be either through the main house (ring the bell) or directly through the door in back.
Our first goal in establishing continuous prayer at Christ the Reconciler is morning, noon & evening Bridge Prayer. Here are the times that we have Bridge Prayer scheduled, each day:
Morning : 7:50 am - 8:10 am
Noon : 11:50 am - 12:10 pm
Evening : 5:50 pm - 6:10 pm
We currently don't have enough volunteers to conduct Bridge Prayer at each of these times, every day. If you would like to volunteer to lead a Bridge Prayer session, contact us and let us know!
Every* Friday night we have Open Table. Which basically means, "come to dinner!"
* It's always a good idea to contact us if you don't receive the weekly newsletter. The reason is that sometimes Open Table is cancelled (for example if the Cogdells are out of town) ... and we would hate for you to show up and be disappointed!
All are welcome to come, but we ask that you RSVP so we know that you are coming. We will have a simple soup, you can come as you are or bring bread/salad/dessert to share.
5:30 pm - Arrival
5:50 pm - Bridge Prayer
6:15 pm - Dinner - and afterwards, discussion, prayer & worship, sunset walking, game playing, or however the Spirit leads us!
8:00 pm (or thereabouts) - Departure