NEWS & Upcoming Events
All are invited to all events. Just show up! Even better, let us know that you're coming!
+++ Open Table Friday Night
Friday night we’ll be watching the Olympics! Cogdells love the Olympics … even with their flaws, they provide a picture of the nations coming together to play rather than to argue or fight.
The schedule will be 5:30 arrival, 5:50 Bridge Prayer, 6:15 dinner, 7:00 Olympics.
Bring a side / salad / bread / dessert / drink to complement a simple Lenten entrée.
+++ 2nd Community + Business Meeting on Sunday, Feb 18
We have heard from many after Friday’s meeting that it was very helpful for them. Many of you couldn’t make it, so we are having a second session on Sunday, with the same content.
We have pinned down the details for this meeting:
* Location: Hope Chapel pastoral offices (behind the playground – the building that does NOT have the deck in front of the door)
* Time: 1:00 pm
* Food: Pizza will be provided
* Childcare: There is a fenced playground right next to the building, we’ll have childcare workers and ask for a donation to pay them
The schedule will be:
1:00 pm – Arrival & simple lunch with some presentation of information (to save time)
2:00 pm – Discussion & prayer
3:00 pm – Headin’ home!
Please RSVP if you haven’t already … we’ve heard from many of you, thanks! You can Contact Us, or email Amy …
___ I will come on Sunday, Feb. 18 after church
____ I will need childcare for ____ children
___ I couldn’t make either time but want to be a part of this discussion
Regarding the last choice above, we are working on a way to create a recording of the presentation which could be viewed by those who can’t make the meetings …
+++ Upcoming Events (mark your calendar)
* February 16: Open Table (Olympics!!!)
* February 18: Sunday Lunch Community / Business meeting (in Austin)
* February 23: NO Open Table (Cogdells in Phoenix)
* March 2: Open Table – Texas Independence Day AND Thomas’ 50th Birthday!
Contact CTR and request the Volunteer Email if you want to be informed weekly of upcoming events and opportunities to volunteer.
Regular Weekly Prayer Times
The prayer room is open from 7:45 am to 6:15 pm each weekday. All are welcome to come and pray at any time while the prayer room is open. Access can be either through the main house (ring the bell) or directly through the door in back.
Our first goal in establishing continuous prayer at Christ the Reconciler is morning, noon & evening Bridge Prayer. Here are the times that we have Bridge Prayer scheduled, each day:
Morning : 7:50 am - 8:10 am
Noon : 11:50 am - 12:10 pm
Evening : 5:50 pm - 6:10 pm
We currently don't have enough volunteers to conduct Bridge Prayer at each of these times, every day. If you would like to volunteer to lead a Bridge Prayer session, contact us and let us know!
Every* Friday night we have Open Table. Which basically means, "come to dinner!"
* It's always a good idea to contact us if you don't receive the weekly newsletter. The reason is that sometimes Open Table is cancelled (for example if the Cogdells are out of town) ... and we would hate for you to show up and be disappointed!
All are welcome to come, but we ask that you RSVP so we know that you are coming. We will have a simple soup, you can come as you are or bring bread/salad/dessert to share.
5:30 pm - Arrival
5:50 pm - Bridge Prayer
6:15 pm - Dinner - and afterwards, discussion, prayer & worship, sunset walking, game playing, or however the Spirit leads us!
8:00 pm (or thereabouts) - Departure