NEWS & Upcoming Events
All are invited to all events. Just show up! Even better, let us know that you're coming!
No Open Table until November 10
We won’t have Open Table in October, due to all the Wittenberg work. But this Tuesday …
Come Pray with Germans Tuesday Night 10/17!
I encourage you to make every effort to come tomorrow night as we join with the Germans to pray in advance of Wittenberg. If you are coming to Wittenberg … don’t miss this chance to be prayed for ahead of time by representatives of that nation! And if you aren’t coming, you can taste a little of the joy of God’s unusual Texas-Germany partnership tomorrow night.
Here are the details:
* Date: Tuesday, October 17
* Time: 6:00 pm
* Format: Dinner together, followed by prayer
* Potluck: Bring some food to share!
* Location: Help for all Nations (HFAN), 118 Saint Thomas Lane, Cedar Creek, Texas 78612
Register for Wittenberg @ CTR
We now have a registration form for the Wittenberg @ CTR event: https://ahop.ccbchurch.com/goto/forms/57/responses/new
The cost will be slightly more than a traditional retreat, because there will be 3 meals. $30 / single, $40 / couple … and childcare is $5 / child.
Here is the program:
Friday, November 3, 7:00 PM
* Arrival & registration
* Updates from the event in Germany
* Worship and intercession
Saturday, November 4
* 8:00 am: Arrival, Registration, Breakfast
* 9:30 am: Session I
* 12 noon: Lunch
* 1:00 pm: Session II
* 4:00 pm: Break and Personal Reflection
* 5:30 pm: Prayer and Intercession
* 6:30 pm: Dinner/Agape Feast
Saturday sessions will include prayer and worship, recorded teachings from the event in Germany, group discussion, and testimony from local community members. If you would like to come, you should begin preparing by reading & listening to the documents and teachings that have come from the Wittenberg 2017 gathering. See http://mailchi.mp/02981eee9f9a/go-to-wittenberg-without-flying-to-germany for a list with links …
John 17 Retreat Teachings
The teachings are available online from Saturday’s wonderful retreat:
• Amy Cogdell – John 17 – Manifesting the Name (audio only) https://soundcloud.com/christ-the-reconciler/john-17-manifesting-the-name
• Caroline Owens – John 17 – The Father Loves You As He Loves the Son (audio) https://soundcloud.com/christ-the-reconciler/john-17-the-father-loves-you-like-he-loves-the-son & (video) https://youtu.be/NkpdU6gKiAE
• Thomas Cogdell – John 17 – Jesus Wants to Be With You (video only) https://youtu.be/v9ejoY2ZwWc
Upcoming CTR events - mark your calendar
* October: NO Open Tables
* October 17: W17 Prayer @ HFAN
* October 30-31: Wittenberg 2017 pre-gathering prayer meeting in Germany
* November 1-5: Wittenberg 2017 gathering in Germany
* November 3-4: Wittenberg @ CTR
* November 10: 1st Open Table post-Wittenberg!
* December: St. Nicholas Family Retreat (date TBD)
Contact CTR and request the Volunteer Email if you want to be informed weekly of upcoming events and opportunities to volunteer.
Regular Weekly Prayer Times
The prayer room is open from 7:45 am to 6:15 pm each weekday. All are welcome to come and pray at any time while the prayer room is open. Access can be either through the main house (ring the bell) or directly through the door in back.
Our first goal in establishing continuous prayer at Christ the Reconciler is morning, noon & evening Bridge Prayer. Here are the times that we have Bridge Prayer scheduled, each day:
Morning : 7:50 am - 8:10 am
Noon : 11:50 am - 12:10 pm
Evening : 5:50 pm - 6:10 pm
We currently don't have enough volunteers to conduct Bridge Prayer at each of these times, every day. If you would like to volunteer to lead a Bridge Prayer session, contact us and let us know!
Every* Friday night we have Open Table. Which basically means, "come to dinner!"
* It's always a good idea to contact us if you don't receive the weekly newsletter. The reason is that sometimes Open Table is cancelled (for example if the Cogdells are out of town) ... and we would hate for you to show up and be disappointed!
All are welcome to come, but we ask that you RSVP so we know that you are coming. We will have a simple soup, you can come as you are or bring bread/salad/dessert to share.
5:30 pm - Arrival
5:50 pm - Bridge Prayer
6:15 pm - Dinner - and afterwards, discussion, prayer & worship, sunset walking, game playing, or however the Spirit leads us!
8:00 pm (or thereabouts) - Departure