NEWS & Upcoming Events
All are invited to all events. Just show up! Even better, let us know that you're coming!
+++ Important CTR Retreat on March 30
On Saturday, March 30, we will have the first of two retreats to look more deeply into the Statement of Personal Devotion. The purpose is to help those of us who are considering adopting this statement, to ask questions, discuss specific areas, and pray together for the guidance of the Holy Spirit. (Some of you have already been contacting us, asking questions and providing feedback, which has been wonderful … keep it coming!)
The March 30 retreat will focus on the first sections of the Statement, up through and including the Renunciations. (The May 18 retreat will focus on the remaining sections, from the Commitments on.)
Please note that the logistics of this retreat are somewhat different. We will meet in the afternoon & evening, with a supper included. The retreat will start at 2 pm. Here are the details:
* Date: Saturday, March 30
* Retreat: 2:00 pm – 7:30 pm
* Location: Christ the Reconciler, 2142 FM 1704, Elgin TX 78621
* Cost: $25/person, $35/couple, $10/teen …
… but 1st-time guests are always free, using codes provided on the registration form
* Food: CTR will provide the main dish for dinner, please bring a side / dessert / drink
* Childcare: $5/child
* Register: Use this link https://ahop.ccbchurch.com/form_response.php?id=45 to register and pay
+++ CONFIRMED March 27 for Special Worship / Prayer Night with HFAN
Petra Fedderson is a worship leader in Walter Heidenreich’s Ludenscheid community who was in Wittenberg with us in 2017. She is visiting Merisha, Angelina and Paul later this month. Our two communities, CTR & HFAN, will be joining together for a night of worship and prayer – should be awesome!
Here are the details:
* Date: Wednesday, March 27
* Time: 6:30 – 8:00 pm
* Location: CTR (they are coming to us this time ☺)
* Dinner: None provided, so you should eat before you arrive
* Childcare: None provided
+++ POSTPONED The Serene Disciple & Egret Isle Farm → Friday April 5 (NOT)
The Serene Disciple Open Table @ Egret Isle Farm has had to be postponed, so as not to conflict with a Worship Night at Hope Chapel (with our own Michael Michel leading!). Stay tuned for a new date for Brett & Kay.
Because we won’t be having Open Table on the 5th, we will have an “ordinary” one on Friday, April 12 @ CTR.
+++ Owens Guest House for Rent in Elgin
From Phillip & Caroline:
Our guest house will become available April 1 for renting. 2 bedroom, 1 bath house on acreage in the country. 840 sq. ft house and a 270 sq. ft. covered front porch with a beautiful view overlooking neighbor's horse farm. Washer/dryer. Lawn care included. Quiet, peaceful environment, landlords on site.
$850 per month rent, with a $500 deposit. 2 pet maximum, none over 20 lbs., additional pet deposit required.
Pictures available upon request. Contact Phillip & Caroline directly if you are interested.
+++ Statement Of Personal Devotion to Live Out John 17
You can now find the Statement of Personal Devotion on our website:
We are encouraging everyone who feels a connection to the CTR community, to pray about making this commitment. Please know we do not feel any pressure for a certain number of people to take this step. We want each person to hear the Holy Spirit.
To help, we will have two retreats that allow for questions, teaching, discussion & prayer.
* March 30 – Statement of Personal Devotion (Part 1)
* May 18 – Statement of Personal Devotion (Part 2)
Please don’t hesitate to contact us with questions, concerns, or just to talk and pray with you. Thank you!
+++ Upcoming CTR events - mark your calendar
* March 22 – No Open Table (Amy in Austria)
* March 27 – Prayer with Merisha & HFAN @ CTR
* March 29 – No Open Table
* March 30 – CTR Retreat, Statement of Personal Devotion (Part 1)
* April 5 – No Open Table
* April 12 – Open Table @ CTR
* April 19 – No Open Table (Good Friday)
* April 26 – Open Table @ CTR
* May 3 – No Open Table
* May 10 – Open Table @ CTR
* May 17 – No Open Table
* May 18 – CTR Retreat, Statement of Personal Devotion (Part 2)
* June 8 – Liturgy of the Statement of Personal Devotion
Special request for perfume wearers: There are community members with sensitivities to synthetic perfumes, so please try to use only all-natural perfumes when you come to CTR. Thank you for your consideration!
Regular Weekly Prayer Times
The prayer room is open from 7:45 am to 6:15 pm each weekday. All are welcome to come and pray at any time while the prayer room is open. Access can be either through the main house (ring the bell) or directly through the door in back.
Our first goal in establishing continuous prayer at Christ the Reconciler is morning, noon & evening Bridge Prayer. Here are the times that we have Bridge Prayer scheduled, each day:
Morning : 7:50 am - 8:10 am
Noon : 11:50 am - 12:10 pm
Evening : 5:50 pm - 6:10 pm
We currently don't have enough volunteers to conduct Bridge Prayer at each of these times, every day. If you would like to volunteer to lead a Bridge Prayer session, contact us and let us know!
Every* Friday night we have Open Table. Which basically means, "come to dinner!"
* It's always a good idea to contact us if you don't receive the weekly newsletter. The reason is that sometimes Open Table is cancelled (for example if the Cogdells are out of town) ... and we would hate for you to show up and be disappointed!
All are welcome to come, but we ask that you RSVP so we know that you are coming. We will have a simple soup, you can come as you are or bring bread/salad/dessert to share.
5:30 pm - Arrival
5:50 pm - Bridge Prayer
6:15 pm - Dinner - and afterwards, discussion, prayer & worship, sunset walking, game playing, or however the Spirit leads us!
8:00 pm (or thereabouts) - Departure