NEWS & Upcoming Events
All are invited to all events. Just show up! Even better, let us know that you're coming!
+++ RSVP for Marianna
PLEASE, PLEASE RSVP: Amy is requesting that you contact us and let her know if you are coming for one or both times with Marianna.
We will have two community times with Marianna Gol from Israel.
* Friday Jan 19 Shabbat – we will gather at 5:30 pm as usual for Open Table … but this time, it will be a Shabbat meal led by Marianna. Please bring a side / drink / dessert to complement “a chicken dish.” After dinner, Marianna has a message on her heart to share. Then there will be time for response, discussion & prayer.
* Saturday Morning Jan 20 – come at 10:00 am for worship & another short message from Marianna, followed by discussion and prayer. We will then share a potluck lunch together. Note that this is not in our usual retreat format, there will be no afternoon session.
+++Feb 9th –Community / Business Meeting
We’ve decided to try a Friday night for our business / community meeting, to make it a little easier for busy people to come. If you want to come, but can’t make it on Feb. 9th, let us know and we’ll schedule a make-up date.
The purpose of this meeting is to gather those who are invested / interested in the long-term community aspects of Christ the Reconciler. This doesn’t only mean living on the land, though that is part of it. It means desiring to see God’s purposes for CTR fulfilled, and intending to be a part of that journey.
We have taken some significant steps on the legal / real-estate / business front, and want to catch everyone up on where we are and answer any questions. We want to provide an update on Cielo. Also, we sense the Lord speaking to us about community, and also want to hear and respond in prayer together. Finally, we want to request (certainly not require!) monthly giving to CTR, and talk about how that might work since we also charge for retreats.
The schedule will be:
5:30 pm – Arrival (if possible … recognizing people have to get off work and it’s a long day)
5:50 pm – Bridge Prayer
6:15 pm – Dinner & some presentation of information during dinner (to save time)
7:00 pm – Discussion & prayer
8:30 pm – Headin’ home!
There will be no cost for this meeting (with the possible exception of child care), and we’ll let you know how food will work.
+++ Upcoming CTR events - mark your calendar
* January 19: Open Table - Shabbat with Marianna Gol
* January 20: Marianna Gol (morning & lunch)
* January 26: Open Table
* February 2: Open Table
* February 9: Friday Evening Community / Business meeting
* February 16: Open Table
* February 23: NO Open Table (Cogdells in Phoenix)
Contact CTR and request the Volunteer Email if you want to be informed weekly of upcoming events and opportunities to volunteer.
Regular Weekly Prayer Times
The prayer room is open from 7:45 am to 6:15 pm each weekday. All are welcome to come and pray at any time while the prayer room is open. Access can be either through the main house (ring the bell) or directly through the door in back.
Our first goal in establishing continuous prayer at Christ the Reconciler is morning, noon & evening Bridge Prayer. Here are the times that we have Bridge Prayer scheduled, each day:
Morning : 7:50 am - 8:10 am
Noon : 11:50 am - 12:10 pm
Evening : 5:50 pm - 6:10 pm
We currently don't have enough volunteers to conduct Bridge Prayer at each of these times, every day. If you would like to volunteer to lead a Bridge Prayer session, contact us and let us know!
Every* Friday night we have Open Table. Which basically means, "come to dinner!"
* It's always a good idea to contact us if you don't receive the weekly newsletter. The reason is that sometimes Open Table is cancelled (for example if the Cogdells are out of town) ... and we would hate for you to show up and be disappointed!
All are welcome to come, but we ask that you RSVP so we know that you are coming. We will have a simple soup, you can come as you are or bring bread/salad/dessert to share.
5:30 pm - Arrival
5:50 pm - Bridge Prayer
6:15 pm - Dinner - and afterwards, discussion, prayer & worship, sunset walking, game playing, or however the Spirit leads us!
8:00 pm (or thereabouts) - Departure