NEWS & Upcoming Events
All are invited to all events. Just show up! Even better, let us know that you're coming!
+++ Open Table Cancelled This Week
The air-conditioning is out at CTR. So, for all of your benefit, we will NOT have Open Table this Friday! ☺
+++ July Fun Day!
There will be no CTR retreat in July. Instead, we’re planning a fun day at Landa Park in New Braunfels – swimming, picnic, great fun for children of all ages. The date will be July 14. Stay tuned for more details, coming soon …
+++ Upcoming CTR events - mark your calendar
* June 22 – NO Open Table
* June 29 – “Blue Open Table” (5th Friday in a month)
* July 14 – CTR Fun Day (location TBD … but there will be awesome swimming!)
* August 26 – Mark Kinzer, Messianic Jewish theologian
* August 31 & Sept. 1 – Richard Harvey, Messianic Jewish theologian
* September 22 – John 16 CTR Retreat
* October 27 – John 17 CTR Retreat
Contact CTR and request the Volunteer Email if you want to be informed weekly of upcoming events and opportunities to volunteer.
Special request for perfume wearers: There are community members with sensitivities to synthetic perfumes, so please try to use only all-natural perfumes when you come to CTR. Thank you for your consideration!
Regular Weekly Prayer Times
The prayer room is open from 7:45 am to 6:15 pm each weekday. All are welcome to come and pray at any time while the prayer room is open. Access can be either through the main house (ring the bell) or directly through the door in back.
Our first goal in establishing continuous prayer at Christ the Reconciler is morning, noon & evening Bridge Prayer. Here are the times that we have Bridge Prayer scheduled, each day:
Morning : 7:50 am - 8:10 am
Noon : 11:50 am - 12:10 pm
Evening : 5:50 pm - 6:10 pm
We currently don't have enough volunteers to conduct Bridge Prayer at each of these times, every day. If you would like to volunteer to lead a Bridge Prayer session, contact us and let us know!
Every* Friday night we have Open Table. Which basically means, "come to dinner!"
* It's always a good idea to contact us if you don't receive the weekly newsletter. The reason is that sometimes Open Table is cancelled (for example if the Cogdells are out of town) ... and we would hate for you to show up and be disappointed!
All are welcome to come, but we ask that you RSVP so we know that you are coming. We will have a simple soup, you can come as you are or bring bread/salad/dessert to share.
5:30 pm - Arrival
5:50 pm - Bridge Prayer
6:15 pm - Dinner - and afterwards, discussion, prayer & worship, sunset walking, game playing, or however the Spirit leads us!
8:00 pm (or thereabouts) - Departure